January 28, 2010

Red Heart with an owl

Hi, there!
 On Jan. 18th, after my winter vacation, I restarted my work.
And finally today, I could be back blogging. :)
So I introduce you my Valentine's card that I made last Wednesday -Oh! A week has already passed. - for participating in Hero Arts January challenge round 2, and Caardvarks 'Red Heart Challenge'.
And this is for my father, going to have an operation on an internal disease in this February.

Here is the card.

And this is the detail around the flower. 
I like to make flower petals curl to use glitter glue, because it's so easy to get the effect for non heavy weight papers.
So I cut out one flower motif from 'Heart and Flowers' stamp image, and used Ranger Stickles and Distress Stickles, after slightly colored with Copic Markers.

Stamp used:
HA Owl / B4951
HA Cling Stamp Ledger / CG138
HA Cling Stamp Heart and Flowers / CG159
HA Clear Design Everyday Sayings/ CL342

Supplies:
HA Kraft notecard, Chatter Box PP, Bazzil Basics CS
Tsukineko / Brilliance Moonlight White, Copic markers, color pencils
Tim Holtz Idea-ology / snap
pearls, jute cord etc.

Thanks for stopping by! :)
Have a beautiful week!

21 comments:

  1. Tomo, this is so fun! Love your owl against the heart and the twine is perfect here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super gorgeous, Tomo!! You have such wonderful style, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable! Love that big red heart with the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomo what a lovely card. Your Dad will love it. Wishing him good luck with his operation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tomo-chan! Happy New Year!
    What a beautiful Valentine for your father. I love that large red heart! Take good care and I'll be praying that all goes well for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable Tomo! The heart is fantastic and full of great details. Love the sweet little owl too. Your father will love it! My best wishes to him for his operation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADORABLE design, Tomo! Love all the layering and background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable Tomo! Just love the vibrancy of your red heart, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just perfect - you used my favourite owl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Tomo! This is such a darling card! I really like the owl and the string with your paper heart background! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, especially love the 3-D flower. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so very much for all of your generous comments on this card!
    My recent schedule is quite tight, but I muddle along (Ha! or doing fine) everything. I so appreciate all of your gentle words! :)

    Hi, Anne!, Hi, colourmehappy!, Hi, Diana!,
    I'm so sorry to be late to publish your comments here.

    And thank you very much Hero Arts to feature this card on HA Twitter again! I was really surprised.

    Have a beautiful week, everyone!
    Love, Tomo

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the snap in the center of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tomo, just a stunning card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tomo, just to let you know that I am thinking of you and hope everything is going well with your Dad after your last post about his operation. Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Tomo! This is such a fabulous card! I adore it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is terrific, Tomoh! I haven't seen nor heard from you in awhile - hope everything is okay...?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Tomo, i miss you.. Hope you're doing fine :) I love love love your valentine's card.. it's too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Deirdre!, Hi, Anne!, Hi, Deborah!, Hi, Fika!,
    Thank you so very much for all your gentle words!
    And, SO SORRY to be late to publish your comments here.
    Tomo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
*Your appreciated comment will be published after approving to escape the spams. Thanks for your understandings.
*書込んでくださったコメントは、スパムコメントを避けるために、承認後に公開されます。ご了承願えましたら幸いです。 -- tomo --